We provide personalised learning programmes for each of our students. These reflect any outcomes the student may have on their EHCP and/or their PEP targets as well as identifying personal targets which will help them develop both their academic and personal skills.
The majority of our students will have had difficulty coping in a larger school environment and would require a small, therapeutic, school setting. The Lighthouse School aims to prepare our students to:
- Access a mainstream environment, dependent on the Individual students needs.
- Enable our students to have a successful transition into post 16 learning and training opportunities.
- Provide our students with opportunities to access a broad range of subject knowledge using a suitable alternative curriculum.
- Referrals are processed by the Schools Office Manager who will liaise with the carer and social worker prior to inviting the student for an informal interview.
- To enable a high quality of provision for the student, considerations to the student’s needs and the needs of the school as a provider will be made before any decision is made to place the student at the Lighthouse School.
- The school has an Inclusion and Equal Opportunities policy which is available on the website.
- Referrals should be made direct to the school by email to email@example.com
The schools referral documents can be downloaded below: